Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Today is not only my birthday, it's also my youngest daughter's BD. 15 years old... WOW! Up at 5:30am to get a BD breakfast together before off to school. Didn't get a lot of sleep last night 'cause she is also going through mid-term exam week. Being first year high school, this is her first cramming experience.

Got a BD call from my older daughter early this morning, who also did not get much sleep. She runs the publicity photo department for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. They announced the Academy Awards nominations this morning, so all the Academy employees involved had to report last evening at 5:30. Once in the building, the place was locked down, all cell phones were taken away and the Internet was turned off until after the announcement. The lock down happens, because they all learn who the nominees are ahead of time so they can get a jump start on their jobs... which keeps them up all night.

So... it's my BD and I've decided to take the day off from my illustration work and just paint...



No comments: